9.14.2010

It's True. It's Real.

Last night I was preparing to answer a challenge from the missionaries in our ward- give a Book of Mormon to someone. They suggested I write my testimony in the front and mark some important and favorite passages.

As I was doing this, it was as if I was reading the book for the first time. I saw it with new eyes and with that came an absolutely overpowering witness that this book is true. That it is indeed a record, a history of an entire civilization and that Christ really did visit them and teach them the gospel. My words are weak and impotent in comparison to what I felt, but I can tell you this much:

It is real. It is true. And it is VITAL. I know this with a surety beyond any I have ever felt.

If you're doubting it, if you have not read it, if you're wondering at all- go read the Book of Mormon. Pray sincerely and ask God if it is not His word. He will tell you. If you have ever felt His presence and His Spirit in your life, you will feel it when you read the Book of Mormon with an honest and earnest intent. Moroni gave you his promise:

Moroni 10:4-5 "And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
"And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

If I have any friends who read this to whom I have not borne my testimony, I apologize. Whatever else I may have said, this is the most important I can and will ever say: The Book of Mormon is the word of God. The power of Christ is again on the earth. Revelation from heaven has been restored and a prophet of God lives on this earth today. God hears and answers your prayers and if you pray about this, you will feel His Spirit confirm it. My words will be powerless and empty to you without it, but know that I know that these things are real.

No comments: